SUDBURY FOUNDATION GRANT
The Wayland Historical Society received a grant of $2200 from the Sudbury Foundation in the summer of 2003 to refurbish the ell hall of the Grout-Heard House.
The goal was to restore the hall to its appearance in 1840, the approximate time when the ell wing was added to the original house. Nancy Barnard gave us expert advice as to paint colors appropriate to the era. A section of the upstairs hall showing three old wallpapers was preserved under a large sheet of Lexan. The restoration was completed in time for the Society’s 50th anniversary in April, 2004..
Much appreciation goes to Jane Sciacca, who spent hours writing the grant, to Joanne Davis and to Gloria Backman for spearheading the project and to Nancy Barnard for donating her services as a conservation
professional. Also, many thanks to Derry Tanner and the Sudbury Foundation.